If you’ve done your research on getting rid of man boobs naturally through exercise, you’ll know that the best way to get rid of fat from your chest is to do whole-body cardiovascular exercise, rather than isolated chest exercises like pushups, bench presses and dumbbell flys.
The best exercises for getting rid of man boobs are whole-body cardiovascular exercises like running, swimming and cycling
This is because isolated chest exercises do very little to burn fat in the local area. The body is far better at causing fat loss throughout the entire body all at once, as a result of cardiovascular exercises such as running, swimming and cycling.
“You would lose more fat in the chest if you spent an hour running, as opposed to an hour doing pushups.”
The latest research however, suggests something new.
It suggests that the best results by far can be obtained when we, in the right way, combine cardiovascular exercise with localized chest exercises for getting rid of man boobs.
A number of studies have suggested that during and after a session of cardio, lots of fat is broken down all over the body, but not all of it is transported away for use as energy.
This is especially true in fatty areas like the belly, bum, love handles and chest/breasts. The reason the broken-down fat cannot be carried away is there is not enough adipose (fat) tissue blood-flow. Since the broken down fats can only be transported in the blood, a lack of blood flow in these fatty areas means that the broken-down fats will stay put and end up not being used by the body at all. They are simply re-assimilated back into fat.
This all makes it even more difficult to really get rid of fat from those stubborn areas. The more fat there is in a particular body-part, the more difficult it is to get rid of it. Thankfully however, there is a way around it.
Studies have shown that if you increase the local adipose-tissue blood flow by administering the drug adrenaline subcutaneously (beneath the skin), it causes an increase of the flow of fatty acids and triglycerides away from the fatty area post-exercise.
Now this doesn’t mean that you have to inject yourself with adrenaline after every workout. What it DOES mean is that you can use other less invasive and more natural methods of increasing adipose-tissue blood flow to accelerate fat-loss in a particular body area.
There are three different ways I know of that have been shown scientifically, to increase local adipose-tissue blood-flow…
- Exercising the muscle beneath the fat. So yes, doing pushups if you’re concerned with getting rid of man boobs.
- Stretching and/or deep-massaging the fatty area. Studies have shown that the increase in adipose-tissue blood flow from deep massaging can actually even get rid of cellulite – just from massage alone.
- Applying heat to the area in question. So yes, there is some truth behind those neoprine belts.
A Step-By-Step Exercise Routine For Getting Rid Of Man Boobs
With the above in mind, here’s a step-by-step approach to reducing fat from the chest area for getting rid of man boobs…
- Strap a neoprine bellly trimming belt around your chest. You should have no trouble getting one, as they’re very inexpensive.
- The next step is to do some cardio to signal the body to break down those fats into their basic building blocks – fatty acids and triglycerides. Cardio is most efficient when done first thing in the morning before breakfast. You must do cardio for at least 30 minutes to break down a sufficient amount of fat – preferably for a maximum of 1 hour.
- Do a specific chest exercise during the middle of your cardio session. So if your cardio session is 1 hour in length, stop at 30 minutes and do a set of pushups, bench presses, dumbbell flys or cable crossovers. Lift a light weight so you can do at least 20 reps. Your goal here is not to grow muscle size, but rather to get the blood flowing.You can either do one set, two, or three. It’s up to you. There are no direct scientific studies to show the optimal number of sets and reps for spot-reduction. I only suggest that you use a light weight so there is enough time under tension to get the blood flowing.
- Get back to the second half of your cardio session, and when finished, do another round of pushups, bench presses or dumbbell flys.
- Thoroughly stretch your chest muscles at the end of the workout, holding a stretch on each side of your chest for at least 1 minute.
- Get someone to give you a deep massage in the chest area, or do it yourself.
I have used the above routine on a number of my clients, and on myself, and I have to say the results are phenomenal compared to just doing cardio alone.
Once you’ve got your chest handled (and believe me, it won’t take you long with a method as good as this), there’s no reason to stop there – the same method can be used on almost any body area. Many of my clients have gone on to use it on their belly with excellent results.
Remember however, that there is nothing miraculous about this method. You still have to watch your diet and do regular cardio to benefit from it. If you are already getting some results with getting rid of man boobs, then selectively increasing adipose tissue blood flow in the chest area can greatly accelerate your results.
Click the link below to discover other, yet more powerful methods of natural male breast reduction: